Recap courtesy of Russell Hanson @rjhanson8
The Miami Hurricanes (5-3) dropped their third straight game as they fell to the Yale Bulldogs (3-2) 77-73 in the final game of the Hoop Hall Invitational. It started great for the Hurricanes but poor shooting caught up to them down the stretch. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Hurricanes shot 23% (6-26) from three in yet another poor shooting display.
- Chris Lykes scored 12 but had five turnovers early in the first half to keep Yale hanging around.
- Miami held off numerous attempts at a comeback from Yale, however Yale had multiple runs of seven or more to Miamis zero points. The Canes always found a bucket to hold onto the lead until 2:32 left when Yale took the lead for good. This was their first lead since nine minutes remaining in the first half.
- Izundu was unstoppable at times ending up with 19 points on 8-11 shooting. He also added 9 rebounds and two blocks.
- Vasiljevic got back to his old ways making four three-pointers to go along with his 17 points and six rebounds.
- Miye Oni for Yale was unstoppable as he poured in 29 points on 10-15 shooting.
- Atkinson also played well adding 17 points and 5 rebounds.
- Miami will not get any break, traveling to Philadelphia in three days to play Penn.
That’s about all there is from another ugly close loss. Miami will look to get back on the right track against Penn. Be sure to check out the full in-depth recap with quotes from Coach L at ncaahoopsdigest.com.